Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 41

So today I saw something amazing on the Ecovia. There was a bee buzzing around near the window. This old woman sitting on the bus grabs the bee by the wing and flings it out the window. amazing!

last weekend was my friend gina´s birthday. It was soo much fun. First we went to mateo and anita´s apartment and had a nice party with music and fresh fruit and fresh guac. Then to a gay club in the Mariscal. It was such a great night. despite the fact that i drank too much.

Went to see Sherlock Holmes yesterday but watched it in Spanish so I feel like I missed some stuff. It was good though and had me laughing.

This weekend is Carnaval!! A friend of a friend invited us to his pueblo..Sucua. Its in the oriente aka the jungle. So most people go to the coast to celebrate Carnaval on the beach. But it´s not every day you get the opportunity to go to the jungle and learn about indigenous culture. So instead of partying on the beach I will be enjoying nature and fending off mosquitos. I´m excited. I know it´s going to be beautiful. and i´m finally travelling outside of Quito!

2 comments: